Online Homebuyer’s Education Course: http://www.ehomeamerica.org/lifairhousing
Long Island Housing Services, Inc. recommends that you seek out housing counseling before you purchase your new home. We are now affiliated with a program from eHome America that provides convenient access to an Online Homebuyer’s Education Course – no driving or extra time to get there – take it at home when your time allows!
The eHome America course provides a convenient alternative to traditional homebuyer workshops. The online course can be taken 24/7 in your own home at your own pace. Your spouse or other co-borrower can take the course at no added expense. eHome America’s program is based on the NeighborWorks America Realizing the American Dream curriculum, and meets the National Industry Standards for homebuyer education.
After completing the 8-hour online course, homebuyers are required to contact a Long Island Housing Services’ Housing Counselor for a 1-hour follow-up session in order to receive the Certificate of Completion which helps you qualify for various first-time homeownership programs, including down payment assistance and some bank programs.
Benefits of enrolling in the program:
- Custom Experience: Customers have access to a personal Homeownership Advisor to review the details of their specific situation and offer coaching, expert advice, and answers to all of the questions they may have.
- Peace of Mind: eHome America and its partner Homeownership Advisors make sure homebuyers know whether homeownership is right for them; are ready to get a mortgage approval; know how to shop for a home and a mortgage; and how to realize all of the discounts and incentives available in their community.
- Confidence: Equipped with an eHome America education and personalized attention from a Homeownership Advisor, homebuyers can embark on their homebuying process with confidence.
- Unbiased Advice: The online state-of-the-art pre-purchase education demystifies the complex home buying process, shares the latest developments in the home buying process and puts the buyer in charge.
- Convenience and Great Value: The online education can be completed anytime, anywhere, at times you choose that are most convenient for your busy schedule. The course is low cost, and it can help avoid mistakes and save thousands of dollars.
- Down Payment Incentives: eHome America’s new down payment search mechanism will allow homebuyers to instantly discover all of the down payment cash incentives they are eligible for in their communities, as well as special discounts on closing costs.
- “Coming Soon” Insurance Discounts: Graduates of eHome America’s pre-purchase education course are eligible for special discounts on insurance: 5% off homeowners’ insurance and 10% off auto insurance
eHome charges a low $99 for this counseling program. We are not able to offer hardship waivers since the fee is charged by eHome. Click here to access the Online Homebuyer’s Education Course: http://www.ehomeamerica.org/lifairhousing