OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS!!! ~ Year-round opportunity. Needed: Fair Housing TestersLong Island Housing Services, the not-for-profit, Fair Housing agency serving Nassau and Suffolk is currently seeking conscientious people to serve as Testers. Testers are considered temporary, part-time, per diem employees, as assignments are occasional. Preliminary training is required for which a stipend is offered; per Diem Testers hired will be paid $17/hour.Read More
2/09/2015 LIHS, tenants and landlords challenge Village of Mastic Beach and abusive code enforcement practicesPress Release LIHS; Tenants & Landlords v Village Mastic Beach...Read More
2/09/2015 LIHS, inquilinos y arrendatarios demandan a la aldea de Mastic Beach por sus prácticas discriminatorias en la aplicación del código de vivienda.Press Release LIHS, inquilinos y arrendatarios v Village Mastic Beach...Haga click aquí para leer mas....
REGISTER FOR An Uneven Road to Recovery: New Findings on Place, Race and Mortgage Lending on Long Island on December 10, 2014.
The event is FREE, but space is limited and advance registration is required. RSVP by Monday December 8, 2014 by clicking hereFeel free to share with your contacts.
Lending Discrimination on Long Island?- Recent Research and Results Revealed! LIHS will be hosting a Symposium.
Long Island housing Services Inc. (LIHS), the private non-profit Fair Housing advocacy and enforcement agency serving Nassau and Suffolk Counties in partnership with Hofstra University's National Center for Suburban Studies and Department of Sociology will present results of their most recent research into lending patterns. Symposium will provide overview of Fair housing/Fair Lending laws.
All Welcome: Academics, Attorneys, Advocates, Government, Non Profit, Real Estate Industry, Lenders, housing Counselors, Press and Public Stakeholders.
Light lunch will be served.
Location to be announced.
Celebrating 45+ Years of Advocating and Our mission is the elimination of unlawful housing discrimination and promotion of decent and affordable housing through advocacy and education. Read about our history.
Enforcing Fair Housing for All Long Islanders
LIHS serves all the people of Long Island to
- Promote racial and economic integration and equal housing opportunities
- Reduce and eliminate unlawful housing discrimination
- Conduct fair housing testing and facilitate enforcement
- Educate and assist the public regarding housing rights and opportunities in the region
- Provide a clearinghouse for information and public presentations
- Encourage the development of low-income and affordable housing
Click on a question below to learn about how we can help you.
- Do you have a housing problem?
- Are you having a dispute with your landlord?
- Have you missed rent payments or are you being evicted?
- Are you facing foreclosure?
- Would you like to purchase your first home?
- Have you recently been refused housing?
- Confused about refinancing options?
Don’t Allow This to Happen To You!
No permita que esto le suceda!