November 21st, 2014
Lending Discrimination on Long Island?- Recent Research and Results Revealed! Symposium
Long Island housing Services Inc. (LIHS), the private non-profit Fair Housing advocacy and enforcement agency serving Nassau and Suffolk Counties in partnership with Hofstra University's National Center for Suburban Studies and Department of Sociology will present results of their most recent research into lending patterns. Symposium will provide overview of Fair housing/Fair Lending laws and an update about LIHS' work to combat Mortgage Rescue/Loan Modification Scams and Continuing Legal Education Units.
All Welcome: Academics, Attorneys, Advocates, Government, Non Profit, Real Estate Industry, Lenders, housing Counselors, Press and Public Stakeholders.
Light lunch will be served.
Location to be announced.
Celebrating 45+ Years of Advocating and Our mission is the elimination of unlawful housing discrimination and promotion of decent and affordable housing through advocacy and education. Read about our history.
Enforcing Fair Housing for All Long Islanders
LIHS serves all the people of Long Island to
- Promote racial and economic integration and equal housing opportunities
- Reduce and eliminate unlawful housing discrimination
- Conduct fair housing testing and facilitate enforcement
- Educate and assist the public regarding housing rights and opportunities in the region
- Provide a clearinghouse for information and public presentations
- Encourage the development of low-income and affordable housing
Click on a question below to learn about how we can help you.
- Do you have a housing problem?
- Are you having a dispute with your landlord?
- Have you missed rent payments or are you being evicted?
- Are you facing foreclosure?
- Would you like to purchase your first home?
- Have you recently been refused housing?
- Confused about refinancing options?
Don’t Allow This to Happen To You!
No permita que esto le suceda!