Download more info in English | Download more info in Spanish
OPEN HOUSE! 4-30-13 Fair Housing Act's 45th Anniversary
April 30th Sponsorship and Donations
Celebrating 40+ Years of Advocating andOur mission is the elimination of unlawful housing discrimination and promotion of decent and affordable housing through advocacy and education. Read about our history.
Enforcing Fair Housing for All Long Islanders
LIHS serves all the people of Long Island to
- Promote racial and economic integration and equal housing opportunities
- Reduce and eliminate unlawful housing discrimination
- Conduct fair housing testing and facilitate enforcement
- Educate and assist the public regarding housing rights and opportunities in the region
- Provide a clearinghouse for information and public presentations
- Encourage the development of low-income and affordable housing
Click on a question below to learn about how we can help you.
- Do you have a housing problem?
- Are you having a dispute with your landlord?
- Have you missed rent payments or are you being evicted?
- Are you facing foreclosure?
- Would you like to purchase your first home?
- Have you recently been refused housing?
- Confused about refinancing options?