Having difficulty paying your mortgage? Contact us today!
631-567-5111 ext. 338. Español ext 378
Many homeowners throughout Long Island find themselves struggling to make their mortgage payments. Long Island Housing Services can help. We have HUD-approved Housing Counselors and Attorneys who can talk to you about your options.
Let our HUD-approved Housing Counselors help you make a plan. We know that everyone’s situation is different. We will review your loan information and financials, discuss your options, and help you to make the best plan. If you need help submitting an application for a loan modification or talking to your bank, give us a call.
If your bank has started a foreclosure action, don’t panic – call us immediately! Our Attorneys can assist you to file a Pro Se Answer to your Summons and Complaint. If you would like limited legal representation at Settlement Conference, call us as soon as you receive the notification – don’t delay! Our attorneys can explain the legal process, assist you to negotiate with the bank’s attorney, and advocate for your best option. There is no fee, but legal services must be arranged in advance.
Foreclosure Prevention Program Flyers:
- LIHS Free Foreclosure Prevention flier-English
- LIHS Consultoria Gratuita De Prevención De Embargo Hipotecario-Español
- LIHS Free Limited Foreclosure Legal Representation flier-English
- Representación Legal Gratuita En Corte Para Conferencias De Conciliación Por Embargo Hipotecario-Español
- Tenant rights in foreclosed properties
- Inquilinos en Bienes Adjudicados: Lo Que usted Debe Saber – Español
We know there are many factors that can lead to financial instability:
- Unemployment or underemployment
- Loss of income from business or tenant
- Medical bills or credit card debt
- Healthcare or childcare costs
- Car loans or student loans
- Separation or divorce
- Death, disability, or injury in the family
- Rising cost of utilities and transportation
- Predatory loan
Call us today to discuss your circumstances and learn your options. Long Island Housing Services is a HUD-certified agency, serving Long Islanders since 1969.