Part 2 of LTV East Hampton’s Matt Lownes sitting down with Long Island Housing Services Executive Director Ian Wilder and Senior Affordable Housing Advocate Michael Daly for All-In Affordable Housing.
Wow! This part of interview was on fire. 🔥 It was also prescient. 👓 The interview was taped 2 weeks ago and this is what the Regional Plan Association came out with last week:
Residents strongly support several different measures to create more homes in the region.
67% of respondents support legalizing basement and garage apartments to provide more housing options in the region, including 70% of respondents from Long Island, 10-point and 19-point increases since October 2021, respectively.
- Listen for discussion of dog whistles, horse races and dog races.
They also discussed:
- Do Gen Z understand the affordable housing crisis?
- What is wrong with the character of neighborhoods?
- Who opposes ADUs?
- How do homeowners and renters feel about ADUs?
- Did the media do a good job in discussing ADUs?
- Is local zoning working?
- What groups tried to pivot the media to real discussion about ADUs?
- How do the education failures feed the affordable housing crisis?
- Who are our best organizers?
- What is the lack of affordable housing costing us?
- Who really needs affordable housing?
- Why don’t municipalities build needed affordable housing?
- Ho do we better communicate the need for more affordable housing?
- What myths are NIMBY based on?
Social media and google translate