Long Island Housing Services, Inc. FY 2021 Audit RFP
The purpose of this notice is to issue a Request for Proposal (RFP) for an auditing firm for Long Island Housing Services, Inc. for FY 2021. Your firm is invited to bid. PDF version: Long Island Housing Services Audit Firm RFP 2021
The proposed schedule for the RFP process is as follows:
Issuance of RFP: 1/19/2021
Proposals due: 2/19/2021
Presentation of finalists to Audit committee: 3/1/2021-3/31/2021
Selection and approval of auditing firm: 4/14/2021
Commencement of the audit: 8/1/2021
Who We Are
Long Island Housing Services (LIHS) non-profit organization providing Fair Housing advocacy and enforcement services, rental rights and issues counseling, mortgage rescue scam prevention education and counseling and foreclosure prevention legal services for Nassau and Suffolk counties. Our mission is the elimination of unlawful housing discrimination and promotion of decent and affordable housing through advocacy and education. We have been serving Long Island since 1969.
LIHS funding is largely secured through competitive government grants from U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Fair Housing Initiatives Program (FHIP), the NYS Office of Attorney General’s Homeownership Protection Program (HOPP) and some federal HUD generated pass-through grants related to Community Development Our annual report and brochure are enclosed. You may also go to our website: www.LIFairHousing.org.
Fiscal Staff and Systems
The fiscal staff includes a Financial Manager. We use QuickBooks Online accounting software.
Scope of Work
Annual Budget: approximately $1.5 million
— Audited Financial Statement
— Management Letter
— IRS 990
— NYS Charity Filing
— Request extension, as needed; LIHS FY ends June 30.
Required Completion Date of Audit: _11/1/2021____________
Outline for Proposal
- Executive Summary: description of your firm, its areas of expertise and industry specializations, size and highlight experience with non-profits.
- Description of the division within the firm that will handle the account: number of partners, number of non-partner accounting staff and support staff.
- Description of the audit process: how you will provide services to LIHS. Please provide detailed work plan, including name of Managing Partner(s), Project Managers and number of staff assigned to each entity. Rapid turnaround is critical. Ability to meet our deadlines will be a key consideration in the selection of a firm.
- Please discuss the average tenure of manager and field staff assigned to non-profits of our size.
- Current listing of related clients and description of experience with non-profit agencies, housing-related entities, and HUD and NYS Office of Attorney General, and NYS Homes and Community Renewal, NYS Housing Finance Agency.
- Four references similar in size and operations.
- Commitment to and activities of the firm within the non-profit and Fair Housing/HUD-approved Housing Counseling agencies; housing services providers/communities using workshops, newsletters, and professional memberships.
- Presentation of the proposed audit team, including bios.
Cost Estimate for the first three years of the contract (inclusive of all associated costs).
Questions should be directed to Ian Wilder: info@LIFairHousing.org .
Copies of the last audit report and management letter are available at www.LIFairHousing.org along with other information pertinent to the Agency. I look forward to receiving your proposal.
Ian Wilder, Esq.
Social media and google translate