Tuesday, May 7, 2019 at 6pm-8pm. Residents of the Town of Brookhaven are encouraged to attend this public meeting for a Fair Housing study: “Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice” at Mastics Moriches Shirley Community Library, 407 William Floyd Parkway, Shirley, NY 11967 Español.
The Department of Housing and Human Services of the Town of Brookhaven is currently conducting a fair housing study known as the Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice. This study is required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) as a condition of receiving federal housing and community development funds. View Flyer in English and Spanish
The purpose of the Analysis of Impediments is to identify and evaluate potential obstacles or impediments to a person’s ability to choose their residence free from discrimination and to recommend actions that address such impediments.
Analysis of Impediments includes:
- An overview of laws, regulations and administrative policies and procedures
- An assessment on how those laws affect the location, availability and accessibility of housing
- An assessment of conditions, both public and private, affecting fair housing choice
- Residents are encouraged to attend this Fair Housing meeting as citizen participation is the best way to help identify affordable housing needs that help shape housing for our community.
For more information, please contact the Department of Housing and Human Services at 631-451-6600.
* If you require special accommodations or an interpreter, please contact the Town of Brookhaven Department of Housing and Human Services at least one week prior to the meeting.*