The Fair Housing Test Coordinator will be responsible for assisting in developing and implementing Long Island Housing Services’ fair housing enforcement activities in conjunction with other Fair Housing Program staff. The Coordinator will report directly to and be supervised by the Deputy Director or designated staff. Experience in analysis, research, investigation, public presentations, banking/lending and conducting training. Bilingual Spanish-English skills are required. Salary $42,250 and generous benefits.
- Commitment to agency’s mission to eliminate unlawful housing discrimination, promote racial and economic integration, decent and affordable housing.
- An ability to perceive housing issues from a legalistic perspective, and to express ideas and facts in writing and verbally.
- Personal composure and willingness to conduct public speaking and testify in court.
- An ability to relate comfortably and effectively with respect and tact to people of all races, lifestyles, and economic levels.
- Strong written, verbal, mathematics and word processing (min 40 WPM) skills. Working familiarity with Excel, Word, and Internet required.
- Punctuality and willingness to work occasional weekends or evenings.
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task.
- Self-starting and ability to work with minimal supervision. Congeniality with fellow workers is essential.
- An ability to collect and compile statistical data.
- Personal/reliable transportation and willingness to travel in Nassau and Suffolk are required. At the time of appointment and throughout employment in this title, employee must demonstrate their ability to meet the transportation needs of this job.
Duties will include the following:
- Design and implement fair housing tests and projects for investigating real estate, lending, and/or insurance practices on Long Island and promoting agency’s mission.
- Recruit and train testers; design and coordinate assignment.
- Analyze results and prepare written reports.
- Coordinate additional investigative activities needed to accurately determine whether discrimination has occurred and secure adequate evidence for enforcement action.
- Disseminate information to the public on fair housing.
- As necessary, conduct work for judicial or administrative action (e.g., complaint writing, interviewing witnesses, gathering and analyzing evidence, and testifying).
- Must be willing to attend professional seminars, conferences, training, and other continuing education programs or assignments which may require distance travel outside of Long Island.
- Other duties as assigned by the Agency or Private Enforcement Program Director/Supervisor to successfully fulfill the agency’s goals and mission.
How to Apply:
Send resume by mail or email (No Calls or Faxes, please!)
Mail to: Marian D. Reid, Deputy Director, Long Island Housing Services, Inc., 640 Johnson Avenue, Suite 8, Bohemia, NY 11716-2624.
Or email to: Marian@LIFairHousing.org noting “Fair Housing Coordinator” in the subject line.
LIHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.