Great news! Long Island Housing Services , Inc. just earned the GuideStar Platinum Seal of Transparency from the world’s largest source of nonprofit information. By sharing the metrics listed below, we’re helping the nonprofit sector move beyond simplistic financial ratios to assess nonprofit progress.
GuideStar Platinum Seal allows Donors to Focus on Progress and Results
- Number of clients counseled on Tenant’s Rights,
- Number of homeowners facing foreclosure counseled on their options,
- Number of clients provided free foreclosure prevention legal services,
- Number of allegations of unlawful housing discrimination in rentals, sales, lending and advertising cases resulting in formal enforcement actions investigated,
- Number of complaints facilitated with United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and/or the New York State Division of Human Rights or local Human Rights Commission after investigations revealed evidence to pursue enforcement, and
- Number of foreclosure rescue scam victims assisted
to represent how hard Long Island Housing Services is working toward achieving our mission.