Long Island Housing Services, Inc. seeks to fill an immediate vacancy for ONE (1) part-time, 6-month position for an Administrative Assistant. Bi-lingual, fluent Spanish-English speaking/written skills are a plus. Experience helpful. Hours will be scheduled flexibly, but within a M-F, 9 – 5 work week. The pay rate is $20/hour for this temporary p/t job for 25 hours/week for 6 months. The position is available immediately and ending in six months unless additional funding is obtained. Pro-rated fringe benefits included.
Long Island Housing Services, Inc. is a private non-profit fair housing advocacy organization serving Nassau and Suffolk, with its principal place of business at 640 Johnson Avenue, Suite 8, Bohemia, NY 11716. Long Island Housing Services, Inc. seeks to ensure equal housing opportunity through the elimination of unlawful housing discrimination and promotion of decent and affordable housing through advocacy and education. Our primary objectives are to promote equal housing opportunity, and racial and economic integration, and to reduce and eliminate housing discrimination. These objectives extend to ensuring that people with disabilities and all protected classes have equal access to housing.
The Administrative Assistant will work under the supervision of the Acting Executive Director, and in conjunction with other staff. The position includes performing administrative tasks and guiding the public from a reception desk. May be assigned other duties by the Acting Executive Director to successfully fulfill the agency’s goals and mission.
Professional, interpersonal communication skills, patience and genuine interest in helping those in crisis are a must! Some training will be offered, but ideal candidate will have these qualities:
- Strong written, verbal, and computer skills. Fluency in Microsoft Office products a must! Knowledge of Google products, and Office 365 a plus;
- Congeniality with fellow workers is essential;
- Punctuality, Reliability and Willingness to work occasional weekend or evenings;
- Self-starting and ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Highly organized, attentive to details, ability to prioritize and follow through on instructions in a timely manner;
- Personal composure and willingness to interact with outside agencies; government officials; the public.
Send resume by mail or email (No Calls or Faxes, please!):
Ian Wilder, Acting Executive Director
Long Island Housing Services, Inc.
640 Johnson Avenue, Suite 8
Bohemia, NY 11716-2624
or email to: info@LIFairHousing.org noting “Administrative Assistant” in subject line
Long Island Housing Services is an equal opportunity employer.